Monday, February 8, 2010

Jet lag, Botticelli and Pizza

On Thursday I flew back to Frankfurt after two-week-stay in my home country. Believe me or not – next two days I was suffering of a jet lag after two-hour flight! Sounds ridiculous and generally it was, I was hanging around feeling completely sleepy and unconscious while the productive working time was slowly passing by. Finally today morning the real me is back, the energy is back and I can continue living my life knowingly.

While this after-flight long dream actually one think worth noticing has happened. I managed finally to see the Botticelli exhibition in Frankfurt. The exhibition itself was simply nice – well organized, contended maybe not really big highlights but a few really important paintings, frescoes and drawings of Italian master and his contemporaries, all collected around a coherent idea. And unfortunately a lot of visitors! The exhibition rooms were completely crowded. It was a Saturday afternoon which obviously is the worst time for peaceful admiring temporary exposition but who could have thought that if the exposition has been taking place since several weeks. And here we’re approaching the point which appeared to me as the most interesting of the whole event. The advertising. The posters announcing the exhibition are delightful. The genius of the designer was placing the creation of renaissance artist in today’s sophisticated world. So we have one with the detail from the fresco showing the room of St. Mary while Annunciation with ‘Botticelli: Interiors’, even if it’s the only or almost only interior detail of the exposited works. The other poster I remember (and the main for the event) is showing one of the numerous woman’s presentations (Minerva of Minerva and Centaur, Uffici, Florence) in artist’s oeuvre with richly decorated dress and fabulous hair. The title is ‘Botticelli: Autumn/Winter 2009/2010’, sounds like fashion show, doesn’t it? And that’s why I admire the organizers of the exhibition – because they manage to convince broad publicity that this art exhibition of old master is absolutely must see of the season! Respect!

The evening finished in the so-said only Frankfurt pizzeria with wood oven and obviously the quarto formaggi. The diet always can wait. Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment